We’ve been busy here at Oceanic Quest, certifying new divers! Our Sasja Tarrant has recently put three new divers – including our own Jason – through the PADI Rescue Diver course! Congratulations everyone on finishing this difficult program – we’re proud of you!
If you’re thinking about taking the step up towards becoming a:
- Master Scuba Diver (Advanced Open Water, Emergency First Responder (EFR), Rescue Diver, and five PADI speciality courses) – the highest rating PADI offers recreational divers, or a
- PADI Professional Divemaster, the first part in your new career as a PADI professional diver, or
- safer diver, who has the skills and knowledge on how to handle emergencies on and under the water
then we recommend the PADI Rescue Diver course. This is a great course for friends, family and couples, as you learn how to help each other in extreme situations. Through the course you will work intensively with your buddy, going over recovery methods and techniques to bring them to safety.
Please note that the Rescue Diver course has several prerequisites.
You must be:
- an Advanced Open Water Diver
- an Emergency First Responder (EFR) – first aid & CPR training
- at least 12 years old